Immigration > Register at your Municipal

Register at your Municipal

You will need to register at the Municipal Personal Records Database (GBA).
Visit your local Town Hall after you have bought or rented a house. Bring proof of residence and valid proof of identity. Most Town Halls also offer online registration. Check it out by searching for your local Town Hall website.

Register at your Municipal
Immigration: Register at your Municipal

FAQ about Register at your Municipal

Do I have to register at the municipality Netherlands?

If you are moving to the Netherlands or inside the Netherlands to another municipality in the Netherlands. You will have to register with your new municipality. When you are moving inside often you can do this online.

How do I register for Dutch municipality?

Call your local town hall to make an appointment to register. Make sure you want to register from abroad. In many cases you can make an appointment online too. 

How long can you visit Netherlands without registration?

You can stay 4 months in the Netherlands before you will have to register at your municipality. After you will risk being fined.

How long can EU citizen stay in Netherlands?

As a national of an EU country, you can stay in the Netherlands for as long as you wish. You do not require a residence permit, nor do you need to report to the IND.

Municipality websites in the Netherlands

Den Haag

This page was last updated: 01/09/2022.